User Tools

Site Tools


Penguicon ConCom Meeting Minutes
November 29, 2008

  • Jer Lance
  • Nick Papcun
  • Audrey Geiger
  • Amy Zrnich
  • Randy Bradakis
  • Krissy Blanchett
  • Sheryl Bradakis
  • Bill Putt
  • Johnny Skosnik
  • Matt Arnold
  • Ron Blanchett
  • Steve Dehart
  • Jess Zerwas
  • Limey Zrnich

Meeting called to order 1:21pm

Gaming Spaces

  • Bill is not unhappy with the notion of having gaming in the side rooms instead of the consuite


  • Discussion of the layout
  • We currently have the PVC for the dividers and are obtaining cloth
  • Jer and Steve will do a walkthrough to discuss

Nifty Guest Benefits

  • Can we give them brazilian beef? Yes, there's no reason not to.

Whuffie System

  • Currently stalled waiting on Daniel Eakin

In-House TV System

  • We have a guy that wants to use the in-house system
    • He might need a camera
  • Whoever wants to broadcast on the system needs to contact Jer and Matt so that we can start arranging that.
  • Any solution that is chosen will have to be tested in advance.

Promo cards

  • We need art from Dan. Dan's not here so we need to table the discussion
  • Matt will make the art for the front of the promo cards
    • Nick volunteered to be my flier monkey!!!!!! I heart Nick

Restaurant Guide

  • Bill Putt will pull together a restaurant guide.
  • Can we have local AND chains
  • In program book and online

Program Book Front Matter

  • If you want anything in the program book, it must be to Dan by the end of January. If you have a department, you need to put something in.

Web Access

  • If you have website content, and cannot put it on the site, Cc: the problem AND the content to both Ron and Jer so that we can get content up.
    • GoH/Nifty info
    • Masquerade
    • Dealer Room
    • Gaming
    • Sponsorship
    • Ribbons
    • Computer Lounge
    • Brazilian Beef
    • Chaos Toy
    • LAN Party
    • Swordfighting
    • Concert Track
    • Events stuff

Notifications for ConCom meetings and SMOS dinners

  • Jess is our new single point of failure for ensuring notification for all events
    • ConCom mailing list
    • General mailing list
    • Penguicon community (LJ)
    • Penguicon_news (LJ)
    • Google calendar
    • SMOS dinner's on Stilyagi
    • Michigan Consuite mailing list
    • MOWFO mailing list


  • Krissy would like more aid in photography
  • If you would like to help in any way, please contact Krissy

Post Office Box

  • Randy will take over the primary keys
  • Kimba to bring her key to Jessica
  • Gerald to bring his key to Jer


  • Hurry up and reserve rooms before we run out.
  • If you have specific requirements, email hotel at penguicon dot org

ACME Deliveries

Upcoming Events

  • 13 December 2008, Construction meeting, 12pm - 5pm
  • 11 January 2009, Audrey's place, 12pm for socialization, 1pm for meeting

Meeting adjourned 2:47pm

penguicon7.0/minutes/2008-11-29-concommeeting.txt · Last modified: 2017/01/14 14:24 by